Request an Administrative Review
- By Phone (8 am-5pm Monday- Friday)
- In Person (4 locations)
Downtown - 312 W 2nd Street
Mid-Wilshire – 3333 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 3337
West Los Angeles - 1575 Westwood Blvd., Suite 100B
Van Nuys - 6309 Van Nuys Blvd., Suite 103
- By Mail
You can request an Administrative Review by writing to the following address:
Parking Violations Bureau
P.O. Box 30247
Los Angeles, CA 90030
Supporting Documentation (such as proof of current registration, photographs, or change of vehicle ownership information) can be presented in person or by mail.
What to Expect
- Your Administrative Review request must be received by LADOT within 21 calendar days of receiving the ticket, or within 14 calendar days from the mailing date of the first overdue notice
- The initial review of the citation is conducted by LADOT. Once an initial review is requested, a temporary suspension is placed on any further collection activities until the review is completed.
- Based on the information provided to LADOT, we will determine if there is sufficient proof to rule that:
A. Violation did not occur
B. Registered owner was not responsible
C. If there were extenuating circumstances.
- LADOT will send written notification regarding the outcome of the review to the address provided.
- If the initial review finds that the citation is "Valid" the customer will be notified by mail that they may request an Administrative Hearing either in person or by written declaration.
- The intention of an administrative review is to determine whether a citation is valid under parking regulations. For example, a citation was given for parking during street sweeping. Street sweeping hours are 7 am – 9 am Tuesday, the citation was written at 9:04 am. The citation would be found invalid.